Eng
+7 (495) 228-55-55

Sightseeing


Ukraina Hotel Pier

Ukraina Hotel Pier is a western boundary of Dorogomilovo district. It was initially named as Dorogomilovsky Pier. At the end of sixteenth century Boris Godunov settled monarch’s coachmen here and within long period of time residents of Dorogomilo participated in operation of postal service transporting mail, passengers and various cargos across the river.

Ukraina Hotel

Ukraina Hotel is one of the most legendary Stalin`s skyscrapers; it was built more than half a century ago in 1957. The height of the building is 206 m including 73 meter-long spire. The area of the building is more than 101 thousand sq.m. Currently the hotel is known under the brand name the Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow and according to the results of a professional contest World Travel Awards held in 2012 it is the World`s Leading Luxury Business Hotel.

The Russian Federation House of Government

The Russian Federation House of Government is also known as the White House. Together with the country it experienced hard times: here from APC the President Boris Yeltsin appealed to the people on September 19, 1991 during August Putch (Coup). In 1993 the building of the House of Government came to artillery fire - Yeltsin`s troops were driving out the opposition. In 1994 holes in the walls were sealed up and the building was fenced around. Any mass protests near the building were strictly prohibited.

Moscow Mayor`s office

1969. Altitude capacity-31 floors (105 m). Initially this building was occupied by the Council for Mutual Economic Assistance which coordinated economic activities of the Soviet Union countries. Only in 1991 this masterpiece of soviet modernism became the Mayor`s office after it was forcibly repurchased from the owners-countries for more than 2 million while it was estimated of 200 million dollars.

Kievsky railway station (previously known as Bryansky railway station)

The railway station was built to commemorate the 100 year anniversary of the Patriotic War of 1812 as this site served as a starting point to Borodino. Today only paintings of the station halls, decorative elements of the architecture and Borodinsky Bridge located near the station remind us of the past. The total area of the station is more than 36 000 sq.m. Architectural style: neo-classicism with Empire elements.

Novodevichy Convent

Novodevichy Convent is included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage. The Novodevichy Convent was founded in 1524 by Grand Prince Vasili III. Only representatives of aristocracy were able to take monastic vows in this convent. Here lie the bodies of the sister of Peter I, heroes of the Patriotic War of 1812. In 1812 Napoleon Bonaparte retreating from Moscow made an order to blow up the convent but one of the nuns possessing a prophecy gift extinguished the fuze brought closer to the powder magazine.

Moscow State University named after M.V. Lomonosov

Moscow State University is one of the oldest universities of Russia created as per the ideas of I.I.Shuvalov and M.V.Lomonosov. Under the supervision of the university there are more than 600 facilities with the total area of more than 1 m sq.m. including the Vorobyevy Hills skyscraper. The decree on foundation of the University was signed by Elizaveta Petrovna on 12 (25) of January, 1775. Since then Tatiana Day (on 25 of January) is traditionally celebrated by all students of Russian Universities as it is considered as a Student`s Day.

Luzhniki Stadium (former Central Lenin Stadium)

Luzhniki Stadium   is one of the largest sports complexes. It was built within 450 days. Grand opening was on July 31, 1956. 140 sports facilities of the complex occupy more than 145 ha (1.450 thousand sq.m.). The complex went through large scale reconstruction in 1980 during preparation for the Olympic games. Here to the accompaniment of a sad song Misha the Bear was floated away into the sky moving people to tears. On 22 of May, 2008 UEFA assigned Luzhniki the status of an elite stadium.

Gorky Central Park of Culture and Leisure

Historically it was owned by Russian aristocracy and even served as a summer residence of the Romanovs (nineteenth century). During the Soviet period in 1982 a city park was founded on   the elite lands:  at that time there was an exhibition of   industry and agriculture where each attendant had a chance to participate in   experiments and take good advice.
In 1993 space vehicle “Buran” that is currently located on Pushkinskaya Embankment and serves as a scientific and educational amusement was brought here. Though pilot sample 0,01 was not launched into space, it is a “brother” of that Buran space vehicle. Other pilot sample 0.02 was bought for €10 million for Speyer Technical Museum, Germany.
Recently the park was modernized, now on the territory of the park Wi-Fi, excursions, a skating rink and cafes are available. In May 2012 the Radisson Royal flotilla pier was opened in the park. Now the Radisson Royal Flotilla yachts depart from the Park pier as well as from Ukraina Hotel Pier and carry out daily cruises all year round (route 2).

Central House of Artists

The box-shaped building opened in November of 1979 at the same time serves as the branch of the Tretyakov Gallery (20th century art exhibition) and International confederation of commonwealth of artists. The adjacent territory is occupied by the park: art-objects of various levels of perception–from sculptures in the spirit of socialist realism in the museum of sculpture in the open air to modest and pretentious canvases at informal vernisages behind the fence along the embankment.

Peter the Great monument

(Official name “300 years of Russian fleet”)
The colossus (h = 98 m) by Zurab Tsereteli was erected in 1997 on commission from the Moscow City Government on the artificial island – the spit of the Moskva River and bypass channel.
This monument is the tallest in Russia and is one of tallest sculptural monument in the world. The monument was initially offered to happy residents of the American continent and was the embodiment of Columbus who discovered America 500 years ago. But America rejected this expensive monument and Columbus had to change the nationality and was presented to the citizens of Moscow as Peter I.

Embankment building

This unique complex spreads along Seraphimovich Street starting from Bersenyevskaya Embankment to draining channel. The complex was founded in 1928-31 and consists of 10 and 11 floor buildings that occupy more than 30 000m. Geometrical shapes and strictness of design create gloomy solemnity suiting its previous inhabitants-families of responsible workers of the Soviet government. Now in the house except flats you can find a cinema “Udarnik”, restaurants, stores, cafes as well as Variety Theater headed by Gennady Khazanov.

The Cathedral of Christ the Savior

The building was reconstructed in 1990th. The orthodox church of nineteenth century that was here before was blown up in 1931 in order to erect 300m palace of Soviets.
But the war prevented realization of the project. In 1958 the swimming pool “Moskva” which operated till 90th was built on the site of the foundation pit.
The Cathedral (including the cross located at the height of 3.5m) is higher than Isaak`s Cathedral.

The Kremlin

The Kremlin is the official residence of the Russian Federation President. It was erected in 1482-95. The name derived from the Old Russian word “kremnik” that means fortress. The Kremlin was originally made of wood and only in fourteenth century after numerous fires on commission from Dmitry Donskoy the first stone Kremlin was set up. Its current appearance was created in the sixteenth century – its walls were enhanced and faced with red bricks. The total area of the Kremlin is 27.5 ha (275 000 sq.m.). The height of the towers is up to 820m, number of towers is 20, 4 gates.

Saint Basil`s Cathedral (Pokrovsky Cathedral)

Saint Basil`s Cathedral is the masterpiece of Russian architecture and the symbol of Russia that provokes interest and admiration throughout many centuries. The Cathedral was erected in the middle of the sixteenth century to commemorate the unification of Kazan and Moscow. The legend says that after the cathedral erection the first Russian Tsar Ivan IV ( the Terrible) ordered to blind the two architects who built the cathedral so that they could not make anything more beautiful. The Cathedral gained the second name after Moscow Saint, Basil, who was canonized after his death.

Kotelnichevskaya Embankment Building

Kotelnichevskaya Embankment Building is one of the seven Stalin`s skyscrapers (height –176m) built in 1952. It is an architectural decoration of the spit of the Moskva and the Yauza Rivers. The building with its obelisks, sculpture and parapets is the home for many outstanding people: artists, actors, writers and scientists.

Novospassky Monastery

Novospassky Monastery is one of the oldest monasteries of the city that was founded in the thirteenth century by honorable prince Daniil Moskovsky. In 1330 the monastery was moved to the Kremlin and then in 1490 to Krutitsky hills where it is currently located. The architectural ensemble consists of: Cathedral of the Transfiguration of the Savior with burial vault  of the Romanovs, Church of the Sign, church of Saint Nicolas and others.